#PlaythePitch for Perennial
Horts v Horts Six-a-Side Football Tournament
Leicester City FC, King Power Stadium
Sponsored by ICL Professional Horticulture
Tuesday 23 May 2017 8am – 12 noon
Join us at the tournament of the year, on one of the most talked about pitches in the UK!
Leicester City Football Club is a showcase for UK groundsmanship at its very best. Grounds Manager John Ledwidge has arranged for Perennial to host a very special tournament that will pitch horts against horts in a frenzy of competition! It promises to be great fun for you and a fabulous way to raise money for your colleagues facing tough times.
Demand for places on this competition is going to be high, so stake your claim now! Here’s what you need to know….
- The event is happening on Tuesday 23rd May 2017.
- Be prepared for an early start! The event kicks off at 8am sharp and lasts until 12 noon. Awards and lunch will follow, in one of the club’s rooms.
- We are looking for 16 teams (three of which have already been reserved). Each team will be able to register and bring up to 12 players (no less than 10).
- As well as providing great football entertainment, the aim is to raise money for Perennial. Therefore there will be a charge to enter, per team, of £600.
- Format will be a multi stage tournament, to ensure that everyone gets their chance to shine – and to catch their breath! So that’s a group stage then a fast paced knockout tournament for the top eight teams.
- The final match will be played on the full size pitch and involve the whole team – a chance in a lifetime to experience the full might of the King Power Stadium!
Bookings are being taken on first come first served basis and entering a team is simple:
- Non refundable £100 deposit payable by cheque or by payment over the phone by speaking to Sunita on 01372 384 049. We will invoice the balance 10 weeks prior to the event.
- Alternatively you can pay the full £600 straight away by either ringing in to make payment over the phone or we can invoice you.
ICL, Elite Landscapes and Crowders Nurseries have already booked their team places. Robert Crowder, owner and MD of Crowders says:
“We are very excited about the Perennial 6-a-side football competition to be played at the King Power Stadium. It’s every boy’s dream to play on a Premiership pitch and to be able to do that and raise money for charity is doubly rewarding. Perennial looks after people who have earned their living from Horticulture and find themselves in need of help or support.I’m not expecting to play myself unless the team manager calls me on for a cameo performance – you never know! I will be there on the day supporting our team and enjoying the camaraderie of fellow horticulturists on what is bound to be a fun day.”
When we get nearer to the event we’ll send the full event pack with details of the rules and format of the day.
If you have any queries then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!
More upcoming events
£230. A Garden Study Day with garden designer Arne Maynard
More information →