#PlaythePitch for Perennial
Horts v Horts Six-a-Side Football Tournament
Leicester City FC, King Power Stadium
Sponsored by ICL Professional Horticulture
Media partner Landscape and Amenity Product Update
Tuesday 23 May 2017 8am – 12 noon
Join us at the tournament of the year, on one of the most talked about pitches in the UK!
Leicester City Football Club is a showcase for UK groundsmanship at its very best. Grounds Manager John Ledwidge has arranged for Perennial to host a very special tournament that will pitch horts against horts in a frenzy of competition! It promises to be great fun for you and a fabulous way to raise money for your colleagues facing tough times.
The team sheet is now full, but you can still join us on the day as a spectator. West Stand tickets cost £15 each and must be booked in advance. Ticket price includes a hot drink and bacon roll on arrival followed by a buffet lunch. To make a booking, please call Perennial on: 01372 384049 or email email@example.com.
Here’s what you need to know about the day….
- The event is happening on Tuesday 23rd May 2017.
- Be prepared for an early start! The event kicks off at 8am sharp and lasts until 12 noon. Awards and lunch will follow, in one of the club’s rooms.
- The tournament will feature 16 teams. Each team will bring up to 12 players.
- Format will be a multi stage tournament, to ensure that everyone gets their chance to shine – and to catch their breath! So that’s a group stage then a fast paced knockout tournament for the top eight teams.
- The final match will be played on the full size pitch and involve the whole team – a chance in a lifetime to experience the full might of the King Power Stadium!
For more information about teams click here. Robert Crowder, owner and MD of Crowders says:
“We are very excited about the Perennial 6-a-side football competition to be played at the King Power Stadium. It’s every boy’s dream to play on a Premiership pitch and to be able to do that and raise money for charity is doubly rewarding. Perennial looks after people who have earned their living from Horticulture and find themselves in need of help or support.I’m not expecting to play myself unless the team manager calls me on for a cameo performance – you never know! I will be there on the day supporting our team and enjoying the camaraderie of fellow horticulturists on what is bound to be a fun day.”
If you have any queries then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us!