Perennial is the UK’s only charity dedicated to helping people who work with plants, trees, flowers, and grass when times get tough. We provide free and confidential advice, support and financial assistance to people of all ages working in, or retired from horticulture.
We depend on our network of dedicated volunteers – they are an essential part of what we do, and the charity simply could not function without them. Volunteers will support the fundraising and administration department based in Leatherhead.
Without fundraising we would be unable to support the industry in the complex and varied way we do. We are looking for a volunteer to join our team to help support us with the administration of the department. The main areas of support will be within community fundraising where you will help organise and administrate our Speaker panel, coordinate our mailing to horticultural societies and manage and update the database.
Our Speaker Panel is supported by over 25 volunteer speakers who are specialists in their areas of horticulture. They donate their time and fees to help fundraise for Perennial, in 2022 the panel generated over £8,000. With extra support the panel has the potential to increase fundraising.
You will be joining a passionate and successful team of people working hard for the welfare of others. It is an exciting time to be joining the team and the role is flexible and can be built around your existing commitments.
Reporting to – Fundraising Manager
Role Description – Administration support
• Research horticultural societies around the UK and update our database
• Administrate our Speaker Panel by responding to queries from Garden clubs and, arrange the details with the speakers and diarise the talks using Outlook and Excel. Then confirm when donations have been made
• Work with the administrative team to confirm that large mailings are documented and that postal returns are updated on our system.
• Support and research possible avenues for fundraising
• Update the database with any returned mail
Days available – Weekdays -Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday am or any afternoon. Minimum 3-hour day twice a week.
Qualities & Skills Required
• Basic knowledge in Microsoft word and excel
• Data and research focused
• Good written English
• Good communication and people skills
• Willingness to learn new systems
• Great attention to detail
Full training on all of our systems will be given.
If you’d like to apply to this role, please send a covering letter to our Fundraising Manager Ed Charles via email@example.com