Administrator: Fullers Mill Garden
JOB TITLE: Administrator – Fullers Mill Garden
LOCATION: Fullers Mill Garden, West Stow
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head Gardener – Fullers Mill
ACCOUNTABLE FOR: Office administration
To undertake a range of administration and co-ordination tasks relating to the office, visitors, customers, staff and volunteers under the direction of the Head Gardener.
- To efficiently and accurately undertake a range of proactive general administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Administrative management of friends membership records including communications and newsletters, liaising with the marketing team
- Room bookings
- Coach/group bookings
- Collection, analysis and presentation of visitor number records
- Stock level and reordering of all consumables
- Accurate financial and petty cash records
- Health and safety records as delegated by the Head Gardener
- Staff records – attendance, sickness, renewal of training etc.
- Meeting notes – minute taking and circulation
- General correspondence, email enquiries etc.
- Overseeing the presentation and smooth operation of the admission and shop area by liaising with the Bothy supervisors and Trading Team.
- Taking responsibility for the marketing of Fullers Mill and Perennial, particularly through local media, gaining input from the Head Gardener. This marketing must be undertaken with guidance from the Marketing department including liaising with our P.R. company.
- To maintain staff and volunteer contact details and communicate with them regularly to maintain relationships.
- To undertake a range of administrative support tasks that assist in the opening of Fullers Mill to members of the public, e.g. handling of income, stock replenishment, dealing (directly or through volunteers) with enquiries etc.
- Work with teams across Perennial to ensure consistency and effectiveness of communication to staff, volunteers, potential volunteers and the public at large.
- To work in accordance with Perennial policies including Health and Safety, equal opportunities.
- To undertake such other duties required for the good operation of Fullers Mill garden as may be required.
- Good all-round working experience of administrative tasks and processes (E)
- Experience in a paid role working with / alongside volunteers (D)
- Dealing with customers / visitors / general public (D)
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills (E)
- Good IT skills (MS Office) (E)
- Good general administrative and organisational skills (E)
- Team player (E)
- Implementation of responsible procedures e.g. cash handling / banking / Health and Safety (E)
Education and training
- Specialist or professional training of relevance to this post at Fullers Mill garden (e.g. business administration, horticulture, volunteer management) (D)
- Active and enthusiastic interest in gardens / gardening / visitor attractions (D)
- Flexibility in working arrangements (D)
(E) = Essential (D) = Desirable
Key Terms and Conditions
Full information on terms and conditions are contained within a Staff Handbook, issued upon appointment. Enquiries on specific matters are welcomed – the following are the key issues.
General: This is a part time post
Location: Fullers Mill garden
Salary: Up to £22,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Hours of work: Summer (March to Sept) 26 hours pw 9am – 4pm Tuesday – Friday
Winter (Oct to Feb) 14 hours pw Tuesday – Friday (flexible)
Pension: The Charity will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Pensions Act 2008 regarding auto-enrolment.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus Bank holidays pro-rata for part-time
General: Sick Pay, Death in Service Benefit (3x salary). The charity has a number of well-established family friendly policies, including ‘buying’ extra (unpaid) leave, time off for dependents, variations to normal working hours. Further details on request.
The outline of terms and conditions are provided for information only and do not represent a contract.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 16th of May 2021.
Interviews will be held at Fullers Mill Garden on Thursday 20th of May 2021.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, we cannot answer every individual, so if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.