LOCATION: Fullers Mill Garden, West Stow
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Head Gardener – Fullers Mill
To assist with the smooth running of the Bothy in a customer facing role, undertaking tasks relating to the admission of visitors, serving refreshments, using POS tills, handling cash, organising volunteers.
- To efficiently and accurately undertake a range of proactive general tasks, including but not limited to:
- Welcome visitors and members to the site via the admissions system
- Promote Perennial and our membership scheme where appropriate
- Maintain excellent customer service skills at all times
- Make sure food areas maintain the highest level of hygiene according to the standards
- Accurately taking visitor orders for food and drinks
- Preparing and serving food/drinks to visitors
- Be aware of and adhere to Covid-19 Safe working practices
- Work flexibly as a team member
- To supervise on occasion, working together with volunteers and ensuring start and end of day procedures are completed timely and accurately, including cashing up
- To undertake all works with a high level of accuracy, with the emphasis being on ‘right first time’
- Work with teams across Perennial to ensure consistency and effectiveness of communication
- To work in accordance with Perennial policies including Health and Safety, equal opportunities.
- To undertake such other duties required for the good operation of Fullers Mill garden as may be required.
- Good all-round working experience in a public facing role (E)
- Experience in a role working with / alongside volunteers (D)
- Good experience in a food handling role (D)
- Working knowledge of health and safety (D)
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills (E)
- Good IT skills (MS Office) (E)
- Good organisational skills (E)
- Team player (E)
- Knowledge of plants a bonus (D)
Education and training
- Specialist or professional training of relevance to this post at Fullers Mill garden (e.g. food service, H&S training, Food Safety training, Customer Service) (D)
- Active and enthusiastic interest in gardens / gardening / visitor attractions (D)
- Flexibility in working arrangements (D)
(E) = Essential (D) = Desirable
Key Terms and Conditions
Full information on terms and conditions are contained within a Staff Handbook, issued upon appointment. Enquiries on specific matters are welcomed – the following are the key issues.
General: This is a part time post of 13 hours per week minimum with extra hours for cover of other shifts and daytime/evening groups as and when required
Location: Fullers Mill garden
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Hours of work: Saturday 10.30am – 5.30pm (30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Sunday 10.30am – 5.30pm (30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Pension: The Charity will comply with its obligations pursuant to the Pensions Act 2008 regarding auto-enrolment.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus Bank holidays pro-rata for part-time
General: Sick Pay, Death in Service Benefit (3x salary). The charity has a number of well-established family friendly policies, including ‘buying’ extra (unpaid) leave, time off for dependents, variations to normal working hours. Further details on request.
The outline of terms and conditions are provided for information only and do not represent a contract.
Closing date for applications is 30th January 2022.
Interviews will be held at Fullers Mill Garden on 3rd February 2022
Please complete an application form to be considered for this role.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, we cannot answer every individual, so if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.