Reporting to: Director of Fundraising and Marketing
Location: Leatherhead/Hybrid working considered
Terms: Full Time, permanent
Salary: £40-45k dependant on skills and experience
Job purpose: To generate a regular, reliable income for Perennial through fundraising.
Closing date: 7th February 2022
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic fundraising manager to join our passionate team. The foundations have been put in place, the team has settled in and now we need an experienced fundraiser to take us to the next level.
In this role you will be leading our corporate, major donor, community, and events teams to implement a fundraising strategy focusing on major donors, corporate partners, special events, legacies and community fundraising. You’ll also be responsible for developing our memberships, trusts and foundations income streams.
A key project you’ll be involved in in 2022 is Perennial’s presence at the most prestigious event in the world’s gardening calendar – the RHS Chelsea Flower Show. This is the largest fundraising opportunity Perennial has ever seen, allowing us to improve relationships with our existing major donors and bring on board many new supporters.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience in a variety of fundraising roles and the drive to build upon a solid base. A ‘people person’ who enjoys building relationships with supporters and gains great pleasure from supporting team members with their own personal development. You’ll possibly appreciate gardens and/or gardening, but most of all you’ll enjoy working in an organisation which helps to improve people’s lives.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of a fundraising strategy focusing on existing income streams of major donors, corporate partners, special events, challenge events, legacies, community fundraising and membership, and to and diversify into new streams (e.g. trusts and foundations).
- To lead and manage the Fundraising Team, supporting their professional development.
- To agree challenging but realistic annual targets and to lead the Fundraising Team in their achievement.
- Work with the team to create compelling and persuasive cases of support.
- Be confident in, and champion the use of, Customer Relationship Management databases to maintain accurate records and for reporting.
- Lead on the process of reporting back to funders; working with internal programme staff to collate and produce high quality information for reports.
- To champion and role model kindness, empathy and trust with all internal and external relationships.
- To develop a culture of collaboration and support within the Fundraising Team.
- To encourage creativity and innovation ensuring that good ideas are encouraged and captured from across the team
- Attend internal and external meetings, events and presentations as required, working flexible hours at busy times, with occasional overnight stays
- Ensure donors are promptly thanked and their gift is accurately recorded.
- To be aware of and operate within charity law, GDPR legislation and our policies and guidelines.
- Undertake such other tasks within the broad purposes of the job as may be required from time to time.
Essential knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of successful fundraising
- Proven experience of developing corporate fundraising partnerships or major donor programmes.
- An understanding of multiple types of fundraising including individual giving, community, events, legacies, corporate, trusts and foundations and major donors.
- Experience of carrying out prospect research.
- Experience of successfully pitching to organisations.
- Experience of working with and presenting financial information.
- Computer literate with the capability of using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of line management and staff development
- Experience of collaborating to develop strategies and setting insight-based targets.
- Experience of working remotely.
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance
- Experience of prioritising a busy workload and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to build strong relationships within the team and with funders.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated with good time management skills
- Inspiring and engaging communications skills
- Confident and competent at approaching new business prospects on the telephone, face-to-face and in writing.
- Confident networker
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to recognise what motivates a supporter to ensure they have a meaningful relationship with Perennial.
- Ability to set appropriate team KPIs, monitor performance and provide clear reports for each team and leadership.
- Ability to use CRM databases to support donor relationship development and reporting.
- Self-motivated and organised, and able to model this with colleagues.
- Full driving license
Key terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are provided for information only and in no way represent a contract. In the event of an appointment if there is an anomaly between the contract and these terms, the contract is deemed to be the correct version.
Full information on terms and conditions are contained within a Staff Handbook, issues upon appointment. Enquiries on specific matters are welcomed – the following are the key issues.
Hours of work: 9-5pm, Monday to Friday with 1 hour unpaid for lunch, – plus some weekends and overnight stays where time in lieu is given.
Holidays: 25 days per annum, plus bank holidays (with increases for long service)
Pension: Perennial operates an auto-enrolment pension scheme and will match employee contributions up to the statutory amount. Details of the scheme will be available following a formal offer of employment.
Other: Sick Pay, Death in Service Benefit (3x salary). Perennial has a number of well-established, family-friendly policies, including ‘buying’ extra (unpaid) leave, time off for dependents, variations to normal working hours. Further details available on request.
General Considerations: All Perennial jobs are subject to a probationary period (6 months) and a periodic review.
Smoking: In the interests of health and safety, Perennial operates a non-smoking policy on its premises and expects staff not to smoke in company vehicles.
Please complete an application form to be considered for this role.