Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Location: Head office (Leatherhead)
Terms: Depending on skills and experience, flexible working considered.
Job purpose: To raise awareness and regular income for Perennial through effective marketing and communications campaigns and supporting other teams in Perennial.
- To support the Marketing Manager to deliver a range of direct mail and online marketing initiatives and projects.
- To manage our databases, segmentation and data protection preferences to effectively manage our CRM activity.
- To provide timely and relevant reports to the Marketing Manager to support evaluation of campaigns and online activity.
- To take responsibility for the relationships with the agencies and mailing houses to ensure high quality service, value for money and adherence to brand guidelines.
- To take an innovative and proactive approach in recommending opportunities to enhance our marketing, fundraising, visitor experiences, services and commercial operations via direct communication, either digital or offline.
- To liaise with internal teams to ensure that our content is up to date and accurate.
- Create marketing collateral, working with other departments to ensure that our brand and tone are consistent across all communications, that they comply with charity, GDPR and fundraising legislation and all remain up to date.
- As part of the marketing team work to create a strong digital presence through our own website and over social media platforms (sometimes out of hours) and engage with appropriate online organisations and forums in the industry.
- Provide an excellent level of support to other Perennial teams to produce effective communications and marketing collateral to promote all aspects of the charity.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Have a formal qualification in marketing or similar discipline and a good understanding of marketing principles, in particular direct marketing and digital channels. (E)
- Advanced knowledge of managing data and using CMS systems. (E)
- Have good experience of creating and delivering segmented CRM campaigns. (E)
- Be experienced with analytics and reporting. (E)
- Have good organisational skills and an ability to prioritise your work. (E)
- Have experience of digital campaign support across SEO, social media and paid search advertising. (D)
- Experience of WordPress, MailChimp and/or ThankQ. (D)
- Ensure at all times the good name of the charity, in conjunction with other professionals, as appropriate.
- Participate in national marketing and fundraising initiatives as required.
- Advise, assist and support colleagues from all other Perennial teams.
- Act within the charity’s policies and procedures, including those relating to health and safety, safeguarding, administration of donations, fundraising practice and equal opportunities.
- Undertake such other tasks within the broad purposes of the job as may be required from time to time.
- Qualification in Marketing / Communications / Digital Media.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong Direct marketing and database management skills
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Digital communications and marketing
- Print production management
- Excellent marketing skills
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and experience of using databases.
- Ability to work alone on own initiative as well as work effectively as part of a team, naturally supportive of colleagues.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, well organised and energetic.
- Able to work outside 9-5 hours when managing social media with a willingness to work flexible hours at busy times.
Key terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are provided for information only and in no way represent a contract. In the event of an appointment if there is an anomaly between the contract and these terms, the contract is deemed to be the correct version.
Full information on terms and conditions are contained within a Staff Handbook, issued upon appointment. Enquiries on specific matters are welcomed – the following are the key issues.
Hours of work: 9-5pm, 3 days a week. Flexible hours may be considered.
Holidays: 25 days per annum plus bank holidays (with increases for long service), calculated pro rata.
Pension: Perennial operates an auto-enrolment pension scheme and will match employee contributions up to the statutory amount. Details of the scheme will be available following a formal offer of employment.
Other: Sick Pay, Death in Service Benefit (3x salary). Perennial has a number of well-established family-friendly policies, including ‘buying’ extra (unpaid) leave, time off for dependents, variations to normal working hours. Further details on request.
General considerations: All Perennial jobs are subject to a probationary period (6 months) and periodic review.
Smoking: In the interests of health and safety, Perennial operates a non-smoking policy on its premises and expects staff not to smoke in company vehicles.