How will you raise money for Perennial in 2020?
We need you to help us raise as much money as possible to help people in horticulture and their families through hard times. During the first week of lockdown the number of people contacting us for help increased by nearly 400%! Our initial focus was on helping those who suddenly found themselves in a difficult position and ensuring that we got the information out to everyone in the industry. We also sadly needed to cancel or postpone all our fundraising events planned for what is usually our busiest time of the year for garden tours and flower shows.
Fundraising for Perennial takes place at any time of year, just as Perennial’s services are available year-round for all those who work in or are retired from horticulture. Alan Titchmarsh, President of Perennial explains below why it is so important that we all dig deep to support the only charity in the UK dedicated to helping horticulturists in need.
“Looking back we simply couldn’t have coped during that time without Perennial”
Do more. Give more. Be more!
If you’re looking for a fundraising challenge then visit our self-isolation fundraising ideas page, sign up to one of our events or get in touch with us here at Perennial to find out more. Tell us what you plan to do and we’ll help promote your event and fundraising page.
Our work depends entirely on the generosity of the horticulture industry and the garden-loving public. In order to continue supporting horticulturists in crisis, we need your help in raising money. Help Perennial change lives this year.
So get your thinking caps on and let’s make this year the most spectacular and successful ever!
Perennial is often described as a ‘lifeline’ by the people we help. Now during the coronavirus crisis your fundraising will make a real and lasting difference to lives. You can read about some of our service users’ stories here.
What your fundraising will do
£25 pays for a new school uniform for the child of someone struggling to make ends meet
£50 will pay for a care alarm to be installed for an elderly or disabled client
£150 will pay for a TV licence for a client whose only companion is the TV
£200 pays for 10 sessions at a nursery for a baby whose parent is critically ill
£500 will help furnish a flat for someone who was previously homeless
£750 pays the removal fees for a client fleeing domestic violence
£1,000 will buy a new boiler for a family living without hot water or heating
How to get your money to us
Online – The easiest way to get your sponsorship money is by setting up a page via JustGiving
Let us know what you’re up to
Don’t forget to tell us what you’re doing to raise money and send us photos and video of your event. You can share your story on our Facebook page, tweet about it on Twitter, or email email@example.com
Our Challenge events are a great way to push yourself to do something you’ve always wanted to do whilst raising money for a great cause. We offer a range of experiences, treks and virtual events to make sure everyone has the chance to get involved. Check out our full list of Challenge Events here.
Need some inspiration in your virtual fundraising for Perennial?
With most of us self-isolating or social distancing, we have come up with a list of ideas that you can do at home, why not try one of our ideas below…
- Take part in one of our challenge events for the end of 2020 or 2021
- Become a Perennial Partner in 2020: Find out more about our unique Partnership scheme for companies working in and with the UK horticulture industry
- Virtual Bingo! Housey Housey! There are online Bingo cards which you can download, ask friends and family to donate for a card to take part. Get everyone online and BINGO what a great fundraiser you have
- Sponsored chores! Get your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews doing the chores and donate the money to a good cause. Eg car wash/cleaning/ironing
- Design Cards, get creating and designing cards to sell at future events to raise funds for Perennial
- Garden Gym! There’s a gym outside your window – get out in the garden and get fit in the process – why not ask friends and neighbours if they need a hand in their garden in exchange for a donation to Perennial?
- Virtual coffee morning, donate the value of a weeks worth of your daily cup of coffee to Perennial
- Virtual Dinner Party. As dining out is not possible right now so why not host a virtual dinner party instead and ask friends/family to donate the funds they would normally spend on going out to charity. Get your meal ready, agree a mutually convenient time to log on and you can enjoy dinner in the company of friends/family
- Exercise bike marathon! Get sponsored to do a marathon cycle from the comfort of your own home
- #GetGreen – Recycle your old mobile phones, inkjet cartridges and any unwanted jewellery to Perennial via Recycle 4 Charity and Recyling for Good Causes
- #Head Shave! Get friends & family to sponsor you to shave your head, use the time we are in self-isolation to grow your locks and lop them off in the name of Perennial
- Plant sale! Why not leave any excess plants at the end of your driveway with a bit of information about Perennial and an honesty box for donations!
- Skipping! With the restrictions on going out, skipping could be just the answer, if space is limited you could do a sponsored skip, in just a small area!
- Sponsored walk/run in your garden. You could even film a time lapse video of you circling the backyard! You could do a marathon in an afternoon or stretch it out over a month!
- Virtual tea Party with friends! Have a natter, share gardening tips and successes. While we are in ‘lockdown’ keeping in contact with others is essential to our wellbeing. Why not host an online Tea party and donate what you would have spent in a café to Perennial!
- Virtual collection, you can support horticulturalists in need during this national emergency. Raise money online without even leaving your home by setting up a virtual collection today
- Virtual Wine Tasting evening! Send out a wine list to your friends in advance and you can all join in on a sophisticated wine tasting evening!
- Foliage Costumes! Channel you inner Adam & Eve! Create a silly outfit/wig/hat crafted from foliage or plants in your garden. Then wear it at home for the day!
- Zumba-thon! Get your friends involved and have a Zumba session over video conference while raising money for Perennial.
- Virtual around the world race! Run or walk from any location you choose. … You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
- Virtual garden tours! Take your friend and family on a virtual tour of your garden and show them your favourite plants!
- Get Giving – nominate Perennial as the Charity of the Year for your workplace or company
Whatever you do, don’t forget to tell us about it!
We want to know how you’re planning to raise money for Perennial!
We can support you with publicity, marketing collateral, and help you make sure your fundraising event is as successful as possible.
Alternatively you can call our team on 0800 093 8510.