WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE /HAVE BEEN OR APPLY TO BE AN EMPLOYEE OF OUR CHARITY
Perennial Gardeners’ Royal Benevolent Society is the UK’s only charity dedicated to helping people who work in horticulture, when times get tough.
We recognise and understand that privacy is very important. We want all our employees, ex-employees or job applicants to be conﬁdent that we will handle your personal information with care and respect.
CONTROLLERS CONTACT DETAILS
Perennial is the controller for the personal information we process.
Our registration numbers on the Data Protection Register run by the Information Commissioner’s Ofﬁce is Z8659551.
You can contact us by phone, email, and post:
- Telephone: 01372 373962
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to: Perennial, 115-117 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7SU
HOW DO WE GET OUR INFORMATION?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have made an application for a job
- You are an employee of Perennial
- You have been an employee of Perennial in the past.
We also receive personal information indirectly, in the following scenarios:
- We may receive a reference from a previous employer or another referee. We will never contact anyone for a reference without your permission and you can request to see any references we have received.
- We have received a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) report on you. We can only apply for this with your permission.
PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To assess your application for a job vacancy
- To maintain business records on our employees and ex-employees
- To verify your identity, employment history or suitability for work.
- For internal administration purposes to analyse operations or conduct service reviews.
We will not use your information for direct marketing or to ask for donations.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Perennial will only share your information with third parties with your permission, eg if you ask us to provide a reference.
We use data processors who are third parties who provide services for us. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Perennial may need to disclose information if required to do so by law.
Your personal information will never be sold or passed to any third party for any other purpose.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
Personal and other information (including any information provided about your family, personal ﬁnances or health) is stored securely on a database that can only be accessed by staff of Perennial and its database managers.
We will store your information for one month after you apply for a vacant post. We may ask to keep your details on file for a longer period if we think there may be another suitable vacancy, we will ask for your permission to retain your information for longer than one month.
We will retain your personnel records for six years after you have left Perennial. After six years the records will be permanently deleted.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review to make sure it is up to date and accurate. Last reviewed: July 2018
For further information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, visit the Information Commissioners Office