Fundraise For Us
Community fundraising has been vital in raising funds for our services over the last couple of years.
Incredibly, during 2020, the number of people calling our helpline increased by 400% in the first week of lockdown. Now that we are seeing the cost-of-living crisis creating even more uncertainty and difficulties, Perennial is predicting a similar level of need in the coming months.
Getting involved in community fundraising activities is an amazing way to not only challenge yourself but raise important funds for the charity. One of the things we have noticed is that our supporters have become increasingly determined and creative in the ways they have been fundraising.
For instance, this year, over £3,000 was raised for Perennial in May. Over £2,000 of that was raised by Bridgeman and Bridgeman who took on the three day “Benidorm or Bust” charity car rally! (see picture above)
We expect that 2023 will see even more exciting fundraising activities and challenges and we want you to join us in this. Over the coming weeks, you will see some of our Perennial team take part in challenges themselves by walking a marathon around Surrey.
If you want to be involved in our new fundraising programme, including: Fire walks, Virtual fun runs, ‘Benidorm or Bust’ or your own unique challenge, get in touch with our friendly, new Community Fundraiser Eleanor, at email@example.com.
Fundraising for Perennial takes place at any time of year, just as Perennial’s services are available year-round for all those who work in or are retired from horticulture. Alan Titchmarsh, President of Perennial explains below why it is so important that we all dig deep to support the only charity in the UK dedicated to helping horticulturists in need.
“Looking back we simply couldn’t have coped during that time without Perennial”
Do more. Give more. Be more!
If you’re looking for a fundraising challenge then visit our self-isolation fundraising ideas page, sign up to one of our events or get in touch with us here at Perennial to find out more. Tell us what you plan to do and we’ll help promote your event and fundraising page.
Our work depends entirely on the generosity of the horticulture industry and the garden-loving public. In order to continue supporting horticulturists in crisis, we need your help in raising money. Help Perennial change lives this year.
So get your thinking caps on and let’s make this year the most spectacular and successful ever!
How Fundraising Helps
Perennial is often described as a ‘lifeline’ by the people we help. Now during the coronavirus crisis your fundraising will make a real and lasting difference to lives. You can read about some of our service users’ stories here.
What your fundraising will do
£25 pays for a new school uniform for the child of someone struggling to make ends meet
£50 will pay for a car alarm to be installed for an elderly or disabled client
£150 will pay for a TV licence for a client whose only companion is the TV
£200 pays for 10 sessions at a nursery for a baby whose parent is critically ill
£500 will help furnish a flat for someone who was previously homeless
£750 pays the removal fees for a client fleeing domestic violence
£1,000 will buy a new boiler for a family living without hot water or heating
How to get your money to us
Online – The easiest way to get your sponsorship money is by setting up a page via JustGiving
Let us know what you’re up to
Don’t forget to tell us what you’re doing to raise money and send us photos and video of your event. You can share your story on our Facebook page, tweet about it on Twitter, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Challenge events are a great way to push yourself to do something you’ve always wanted to do whilst raising money for a great cause. We offer a range of experiences, treks and virtual events to make sure everyone has the chance to get involved. Check out our full list of Challenge Events here.
Need some inspiration in your virtual fundraising for Perennial?
With most of us self-isolating or social distancing, we have come up with a list of ideas that you can do at home, or with restrictions starting to ease you could get out in your local community with a small group of friends. Why not try one of our ideas below…
- Take part in one of our challenge events.
- Become a Perennial Partner: Find out more about our unique Partnership scheme for companies working in and with the UK horticulture industry
- Bingo! Housey Housey! This can also be done virtually. There are online Bingo cards which you can download, ask friends and family to donate for a card to take part. Get everyone online and BINGO what a great fundraiser you have
- Sponsored chores! Get your children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews doing the chores and donate the money to a good cause. Eg car wash/cleaning/ironing
- Design Cards, get creating and designing cards to sell at future events to raise funds for Perennial
- Coffee morning, get together with a group a friends and donate to Perennial
- Bake sale. Organise a bake sale within your local community or school
- Virtual Dinner Party. As dining out is not possible right now so why not host a virtual dinner party instead and ask friends/family to donate the funds they would normally spend on going out to charity. Get your meal ready, agree a mutually convenient time to log on and you can enjoy dinner in the company of friends/family
- Sponsored marathon! Running, cycling, walking…get out in your local community or do it from the comfort of your own home
- Go Green – Recycle your old mobile phones, inkjet cartridges and any unwanted jewellery to Perennial via Recycle 4 Charity and Recycling for Good Causes
- #HeadShave! Get friends & family to sponsor you to shave your head, use the time we are in self-isolation to grow your locks and lop them off in the name of Perennial
- Plant sale! Why not leave any excess plants at the end of your driveway with a bit of information about Perennial and an honesty box for donations!
- Skipping! With the restrictions on going out, skipping could be just the answer, if space is limited you could do a sponsored skip, in just a small area!
- Virtual collection, you can support people in horticulture without even leaving your home by setting up a virtual collection today
- Virtual Wine Tasting evening! Send out a wine list to your friends in advance and you can all join in on a sophisticated wine tasting evening!
- Zumba-thon! Get your friends involved and have a Zumba session over video conference while raising money for Perennial.
- Virtual garden tours! Take your friend and family on a virtual tour of your garden and show them your favourite plants!
- Get Giving – nominate Perennial as the Charity of the Year for your workplace or company
Whatever you do, don’t forget to tell us about it!
We want to know how you’re planning to raise money for Perennial!
We can support you with publicity, marketing collateral, and help you make sure your fundraising event is as successful as possible.
Alternatively you can call our team on 0800 093 8510.