Energy supplier schemes

Many energy companies can help if you’re struggling with your bills. Some have charitable trust funds that can give you a grant (that you won’t have to repay) to clear your energy debts. 

Find out more about the schemes and how to apply here.

Many charitable trust funds will only make a grant to clear arrears if you can show that your ongoing energy bills are affordable. It is really important to make regular payments to your energy account to cover your usage before making an application, and while it’s being assessed. 

You will also need to take a meter reading before applying so that your account is billed up to date. They may also ask you for your income and outgoings.

If you need help to create your budget it’s useful to use a spending diary.

If you work in horticulture and need help with an energy trust fund application, please get in touch with us.

Emergency fuel vouchers

If you’re on a pre-payment meter and can’t afford to top it up, contact your energy supplier right away to see if they can help.

If you work in horticulture and are a Scottish Power pre-payment customer, we may also be able to get you emergency fuel vouchers. Please contact us to find out more.


Spending diary

PDF. 402.1kb

Download now