Volunteering with us
If you have a few hours to spare each week and want to join our wonderful community of volunteers, we’d love to hear from you. Our current volunteering opportunities are detailed below. Please get in touch to find out more and we’ll be happy to answer any questions. If the roles below aren’t quite what you’re looking for, call us for a chat to register your interest.
Work Experience and Work Placements
We are pleased to be able to offer work experience and work placements to those interested in working in horticulture. Our expert garden team will help you:
- build and develop your skills
- develop your knowledge of the industry
- grow your plant knowledge and gain hands-on experience
Please contact us using the details below for further information.
Location – Fullers Mill, West Stow, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP28 6HD
Responsible to – Head Gardener and Shift Supervisor
Shifts are available during our open season from April to the end of October:
Bothy Tearoom – Wednesdays 1.30pm – 5pm. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 11am – 2pm and 2pm –5pm, plus occasional shifts outside these hours.
- Cheerful attitude to life
- Willingness to learn
- Happy to work as part of a small team in a busy environment
Benefits of this role
- Being an important part of the Fullers Mill visitor experience
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Free annual Friends membership allowing you free entry to all three of Perennial’s gardens (Fullers Mill, York Gate and The Laskett) on all public open days and more.
- 15% off Perennial gifts and greetings cards
For more information or to apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01284 728888