Volunteering with us
If you have a few hours to spare each week and want to join our wonderful community of volunteers, we’d love to hear from you. Our current volunteer opportunities are detailed below. Please get in touch to find out more and we’ll be happy to answer any questions. If the roles below aren’t quite what you’re looking for, call us for a chat to register your interest.
Bothy Tearoom Volunteer
Location – Fullers Mill, West Stow, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP28 6HD
Responsible to – Head Gardener and Shift Supervisor
Duties to include:
- Serving beverages and cakes to customers and replenishing cakes as required
- Using the till and taking payments from customers
- Clearing and wiping down tables
- Washing up plates and cups
- Keeping the serving area clean and hygienic
Shifts are available during our open season from April to the end of October:
Wednesdays and Fridays 1.30pm – 5pm. Saturdays and Sundays 11am – 2pm and 2pm –5pm, plus occasional shifts outside these hours.
- Cheerful attitude to life
- Willingness to learn how to use the till
- Happy to work as part of a small team in a busy environment
Benefits of this role
- Being an important part of the Fullers Mill visitor experience
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Free annual Friends membership allowing you and a guest free entry to all three of Perennial’s gardens (Fullers Mill, York Gate and The Laskett) on all public open days and more.
- 15% off Perennial gifts and greetings cards
Training & Support
- Training to use the till
- Full induction to the role and Perennial the charity
For more information or to apply for this role please email email@example.com or call 01284 728888
Winter Opening Times
Every Wednesday in February 2022 | 11am – 3pm.
Booking not required for Winter Openings.
Payment will be taken on entry at the garden. The garden is currently operating a cashless system, payments by card only.
To help us preserve its charm, the garden does not permit dogs, other than assistance dogs.
For full terms and conditions, click here.
Click here to download your copy of Perennial News.