Help to preserve one of the country’s most important small gardens for future generations by becoming a Friend of York Gate.
Become a Friend of York Gate
For an annual membership of just £25 you will benefit from:
- Free entry to the garden for you and a guest on all our public open days
- And invitation to private Friends events for you and two guests outside public opening hours
- Advance information about special events and developments at York Gate
- Priority booking for Perennial’s national Special Events programme
- Perennial News, Perennial’s twice-yearly newsletter, and our gifts and Christmas cards catalogues
As a thank you for being a Friend of York Gate, you are welcome to visit the garden during special members only Friends’ openings. It is a chance to experience the garden as if it was all your own in peace and tranquility.
On these exclusive Friends’ events you are welcome to bring two adult guests (plus children) with you free of charge. If you wish to bring more people than this, they will be very welcome but we ask for the normal entrance fee (£6.00) for the additional adults.
- Monday 25th March 10am – 12pm – pre-opening preview morning
- Monday 20th May 10am – 12pm Spring into Summer morning
- Wednesday 12th June 6.30pm – 9pm Private Evening Summer Event
- Wednesday 26th June 6.30pm – 9pm Private Evening Summer Event
- Monday 19th August 10am – 12pm Summer morning viewing
- Monday 14th October 10am – 12pm Autumn morning viewing
Please bring your Friend of York Gate membership card with you. As usual, park in the lay-by opposite the church in Church Lane and take the public footpath through the churchyard to the garden.
Our next open days will be in February for the snowdrop special event.
16th – 24th February 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Garden Season Spring/Summer 2019
Open between 1 April – 30 September 2019
Monday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Tuesday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Wednesday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Thursday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Friday – closed
Saturday – closed
Sunday: 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Our popular Tea Room is open throughout the garden’s opening times, you can enjoy light lunches and afternoon teas, or a selection of freshly home baked cakes, including a daily gluten free choice.
Please park on Church Lane and walk through the church yard, then straight on to come out opposite the garden gate.
Visitor groups are welcome but please book first. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org