Help to preserve one of the country’s most important small gardens for future generations by becoming a Friend of York Gate.
Become a Friend of York Gate
For an annual membership of just £25 you will benefit from:
- Free entry to the garden for you and a guest on all our public open days
- And invitation to private Friends mornings for you and two guests
- Advance information about special events and developments at York Gate
- Priority booking for Perennial’s national Special Events programme
- Perennial News, Perennial’s twice-yearly newsletter, and our gifts and Christmas cards catalogues
As a thank you for being a Friend of York Gate, you are welcome to visit the garden during special members only Friends’ openings. It is a chance to experience the garden as if it was all your own in peace and tranquility.
On these exclusive Friends’ events you are welcome to bring two adult guests (plus children) with you free of charge. If you wish to bring more people than this, they will be very welcome but we ask for the normal entrance fee (£5.00) for the additional adults.
- Wednesday 13th June 18.30 – 21.00 Evening viewing
- Wednesday 27th June 18.30 – 21.00 Evening viewing
- Monday 20th August 10.00 – 12.00 General members morning (tea room limited to complimentary tea/coffee)
- Monday 22nd October 10.00 – 12.00 Autumn viewing (tea room limited to complimentary tea/coffee)
Please bring your Friend of York Gate membership card with you. As usual, park in the lay-by opposite the church in Church Lane and take the public footpath through the churchyard to the garden.
We would like to thank everyone who visited in spring and summer 2018.
GARDEN OPEN FREE OF CHARGE THIS WEEK:
1st – 9th December 12.30pm – 4.30pm FREE ENTRY
Enjoy free entry to the garden, with festive treats in the tea room, seasonal gift shop, local craft mini market, Complimentary mulled wine and Christmas cake, heritage tours, and craft demonstrations.
Our next open days will be in February for the snowdrop special event.
16th – 24th February 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Garden Season Spring/Summer 2019
Open between 1 April – 30 September 2019
Monday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Tuesday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Wednesday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Thursday 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Friday – closed
Saturday – closed
Sunday: 12.30pm – 4.30pm
Our popular Tea Room is open throughout the garden’s opening times, you can enjoy light lunches and afternoon teas, or a selection of freshly home baked cakes, including a daily gluten free choice.
Please park on Church Lane and walk through the church yard, then straight on to come out opposite the garden gate.
Visitor groups are welcome but please book first. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org