Admissions and Directions
Season Opening Times 2023
1 November – 23 December
Café and Shop only
Wednesday to Sunday | 10am-3:30pm
Snowdrop Days 2024
Friends – 15-18 February
Thursday – Sunday | 10am-3pm
General – 21-25 February
Wednesday – Sunday | 10am-3pm
- No booking required for garden visits.
- If you would like to join us from 2pm for afternoon tea, please book in advance – 0113 267 8240. (not available on Snowdrop days)
- Groups (6+) are welcome by prior arrangement. (not available on Snowdrop days)
- The last admission to our gardens is one hour before the advertised closing time.
- This is a no smoking site
The garden will be operating a cashless system, so please bring your card and use contactless payments where possible.
We can only accept assistance dogs at our gardens. Please leave all pets at home.
Garden Admissions for 2023
Standard admission £7
Gift Aid admission £7.70
Children: (16 and under) Free
Friends of Perennial Annual membership is available for £30
- Gardeners’ World 2-for-1 Card. Payment will be taken at the garden and discounts will be applied on presentation of your 2-for-1 card. Please note the card is not transferable.
- Yorkshire’s Great Houses Castles and Gardens, Family or Staff Pass. Please bring your pass with you to validate your booking.
If you have symptoms of Coronavirus (high temperature, new continuous cough, loss of taste or smell), please don’t visit – we’ll still be here to welcome you when you’re symptom free again!
Free guided heritage tours around the garden run during busier times. Unfortunately we do not take bookings for these free, volunteer led tours.
The companion of a disabled visitor is admitted free of charge, but please be aware that the garden is difficult for visitors who are solely reliant on a wheelchair due to the narrow paths and gravel surfaces.
We can only accept assistance dogs at our gardens.
Back Church Lane
York Gate is just 25 minutes’ drive from Leeds city centre, 40 minutes’ drive from Harrogate, Bradford and Ilkley and only 50 minutes from York. The garden is 2.5 miles southeast of Bramhope, just off the A660. Please be advised our onsite parking in limited.
No.28 Leeds Centre – Adel Take the no.28 until it terminates at Adel. Continue along the road, turn left into Back Church Lane and York Gate will be on your right. It’s a 10 minute walk.
No.8 Leeds Centre – Holt Park & No. X84 Leeds – Skipton Take the bus to Otley Road. Walk back up Otley Road for 70m, then turn left onto Church Lane and left again at the T junction. Continue to Adel Church, then follow the path through the churchyard on your right. Continue straight with the church hall on the left. It’s a 15 minute walk.